G Pro Wireless input lag when streaming with OBS

Ron Plays Games

Hey team,

Over the last month of streaming I've been experiencing input lag with my G Pro Wireless when I'm gaming. I couldn't figure it out why it was happening until I opened OBS just now and then the input lag started immediately. It renders the G Pro into a crappy $10 generic wireless mouse.
This is a real problem because it's stopping me from doing important content that requires me to be pretty accurate with the mouse.

The input lag generally starters a couple of hours into the stream and lasts for 30mins or so and then dissappears?

Computer Specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Memory: 16.0GB
Motherboard:ASUS PRIME x370-PRO
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

I've attached a couple of logs from my last two streams, as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2020-07-11 16-55-07.txt
    97.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2020-07-11 17-38-53.txt
    92.2 KB · Views: 7

carlmmii

You most likely have a bandwidth limitation between your mouse and webcams (specifically your C525's). Try using a different USB port... or better yet, use USBview to see which how your devices are connected to the different host controllers on your system, and try to separate them as best as possible.

If there's no bandwidth conflict, then there's the slight possibility that your motherboard isn't supplying enough power to all devices... in which case, a powered USB hub might help.

Ron Plays Games

You most likely have a bandwidth limitation between your mouse and webcams (specifically your C525's). Try using a different USB port... or better yet, use USBview to see which how your devices are connected to the different host controllers on your system, and try to separate them as best as possible.

If there's no bandwidth conflict, then there's the slight possibility that your motherboard isn't supplying enough power to all devices... in which case, a powered USB hub might help.
Sweet, I'll give this a go now! I put my G810 keyboard and USB reciever by themselves, on a native controller. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the help - will update you if it works

Ron Plays Games

Ok so I've narrowed it down and it's not a bandwidth issue. The mouse input lag comes from when I activate a source on OBS that uses chrome. E.g. Showing a YouTube video on stream. The mouse instantly starts getting input lag?
Any ideas?