Bug Report Full Range is too Dark

Krelian

Hi, as title says, when i use full range color the recordings are too dark, i have to use partial, but partial gives crushed blacks.

DEDRICK

What video player are you using? Because I have sources below telling me a differently. VLC and Windows Media Player don't do the conversion properly, MPC-HC does.

ajTU2w0.jpg

u5TprxO.jpg

Uploading a 709 Full video to Youtube results in the same

zsdXd0C.png

Last edited:

DEDRICK

Check your Shaders to make sure you don't have any 0-255 or 16-235 added and check your Output Range setting (Right-click, Render Settings/Output Range - 0-255).

Also check your driver control panel to make sure you aren't forcing a color range on video players, AMD no longer has these controls as of Crimson

To quadruple check I switched to the ffmpeg encoder and the results were the same.

r0L4yCT.jpg

Last edited:

Krelian

Check your Shaders to make sure you don't have any 0-255 or 16-235 added and check your Output Range setting (Right-click, Render Settings/Output Range - 0-255).

Also check your driver control panel to make sure you aren't forcing a color range on video players, AMD no longer has these controls as of Crimson

To quadruple check I switched to the ffmpeg encoder and the results were the same.

r0L4yCT.jpg

is not the player, i checked with obs1 and it records just fine in full range, i only get this with obs mp