Freezing at approximately every 25 seconds. Help!

qhobbes

1. If available update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
3. Run OBS as Admin
4. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
5. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable auto remux from Advanced settings.
6. Use QuickSync (QSV) instead of x264.

Post new log after making those changes (or use log analyzer) if still having issues.

CathyW

1. If available update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
3. Run OBS as Admin
4. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
5. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable auto remux from Advanced settings.
6. Use QuickSync (QSV) instead of x264.

Post new log after making those changes (or use log analyzer) if still having issues.
Thank you for the response. First, I am not gaming. I am doing tutorials and am not having trouble with streaming. My issue is with recordings so my internet connection shouldn’t affect it. I am try your other suggestions although someone else suggested turning the gaming off.