free hand drawing on top of video

Ken001

Good day!

I am using OBS to improve my ability to teach high school students by using multiple cameras and to draw in real time with white board. We use zoom and the Vitrual camera works great. Whiteboard works fine.

Now I want to free hand draw over a VLC video to accentuate points. I am using Paint, crop the green image using alt arrows, transform to stretch the screen to fit adjust the size of the screen and use filter chroma key green to render the green paint window transparent over the video feed.

My problem is that the pen (cursor) is not aligned with the point where the line appears in obs It is off by inches. The line appears where I want it but it is very difficult to track the drawing by looking at the screen with the video feed because the pen is inches away from where the pen line appears.???

Is there a solution or a better way of doing this? I really want to draw on video. Everything works fine when I draw on a PDF or when I use notebook to draw. But I really want to free hand annotate video. Like if we are watching a video of frog dissection and I want to point or highlight an organ...

Can someone help me? Thank you so much!

Here is the current log URL https://obsproject.com/logs/SDfpRmuiyxPa11vL

Ken

Ken001

Good day!

I am using OBS to improve my ability to teach high school students by using multiple cameras and to draw in real time with white board. We use zoom and the Vitrual camera works great. Whiteboard works fine.

Now I want to free hand draw over a VLC video to accentuate points. I am using Paint, crop the green image using alt arrows, transform to stretch the screen to fit adjust the size of the screen and use filter chroma key green to render the green paint window transparent over the video feed.

My problem is that the pen (cursor) is not aligned with the point where the line appears in obs It is off by inches. The line appears where I want it but it is very difficult to track the drawing by looking at the screen with the video feed because the pen is inches away from where the pen line appears.???

Is there a solution or a better way of doing this? I really want to draw on video. Everything works fine when I draw on a PDF or when I use notebook to draw. But I really want to free hand annotate video. Like if we are watching a video of frog dissection and I want to point or highlight an organ...

Can someone help me? Thank you so much!

Here is the current log URL https://obsproject.com/logs/SDfpRmuiyxPa11vL

Ken
Thank you for your kind response to my question!

koala

There seems some software for this task - they allow to freely draw on the Windows desktop, regardless the active app. Unfortunately, it's difficult to google, because every time you use the word "paint", only hits to the Microsoft Paint app appears an not any of the "enabling you to draw on the desktop" apps.
Use "draw" for searching, not paint: