Question / Help Frames drop in OBS but not in game

CloudyKJ

Hi I'm trying to record rainbow six siege but the frames drop to 17 in obs but the frames in game is about a 100 I've tried lowering the graphics setting to low but it still have 17 fps.I have GTX1650.
Ps.I've record fortnite and it works fine

FerretBomb

Make sure you run OBS as Administrator. (Right-click the shortcut, Run as Administrator)

Lowering framerate in OBS generally means the game is using all the GPU time, and OBS can't do its housekeeping tasks in time to maintain a consistent framerate. A workaround was implemented in OBS 24.0.3 onward that allows OBS to take priority over games for GPU time when running as Administrator.
The alternative is to use a framerate cap and continue lowering the in-game graphics until the game is no longer hogging all the GPU time.

CloudyKJ

Make sure you run OBS as Administrator. (Right-click the shortcut, Run as Administrator)

Lowering framerate in OBS generally means the game is using all the GPU time, and OBS can't do its housekeeping tasks in time to maintain a consistent framerate. A workaround was implemented in OBS 24.0.3 onward that allows OBS to take priority over games for GPU time when running as Administrator.
The alternative is to use a framerate cap and continue lowering the in-game graphics until the game is no longer hogging all the GPU time.
I'm already using lowest graphic settings and runs OBS as administrator and my gpu usage is about 25%