Question / Help Framerate problem capturing 24 fps video stream

Semel

I've been trying to record\capture a video stream(1080p, 24 fps) but I seem to always have (sometimes often, sometimes not, see below) strange slowdowns when playing/previewingcaptured video files
I tried using x264 single pass lossless ultrafast+zero latency,I tried AMD VCE..

I've got 3770k @4.5 16GGB amd fury. I have hardware acceleration enabled in my browser to help with decoding that video stream..
Capturing at 24 fps (it seems logical as the source is streamed at 24 fps) results in almost constant slowdown every 10-15 seconds .According to log I didn't have any skipepd frames.
Capturing at 23.970 fps is the same

Thank you.

Last edited:

Semel

A small update...

I tried using bandicam, vfwx264 lossless , zero latency,ultrafast at 23.976 fps and it worked fine.Rrecording at 24 fps though resulted in the same slowdowns I had with OBS.

I read somewhere that fps issues are prolly related to screen capture(its only whe you use desktop\screen capture) of 24 fps material on 60Hz monitor(it should be working at 72Hz to avoid slowdowns) but at least bandicam manages to capture it at 23.976 without this problem.

Any solution for obs? I'd rather use obs tbh..

Last edited: