Question / Help Frame Skips while Local Recording

KiryuRyoma

I've been having a problem for a long time with all my local recordings where i get seemingly random skips where the video just hangs on a single frame for about half a second or longer. I have tried multiple settings including changing the bitrate, framerate, resolution, CPU priority, CPU speed, and encoder. Nothing has worked.

This log is from a test recording on my new setup recording Assassin's Creed Origins. Any help would appreciated, I used NVENC on my last system with the same 970 video card i have now, so I'm not too familiar with x264/CPU encoding settings or even how CPU encoding with a Ryzen 5 would be compared to NVENC with a GTX 970.

Attachments

• 2017-11-16 20-36-42.txt
    14 KB · Views: 18
Try increasing the CRF value to something a little more reasonable, like 18-23. That should help.
If you don't, cap your fps to 60 (61-63 if you get screen tearing) This by itself should resolve the issue.

KiryuRyoma

Problem is either fixed or dealt with to the point of non-issue. I actually changed the keyframe interval from 0 to 2 (1 for 30) now i only get extremely small single frame jumps or nothing at all. more than adequate for what i need.