Frame as well as Bitrate Drops while playing/streaming CSGO

TanBoii

Hi!

I've been facing an issue especially while streaming CSGO where my Internet speed would drop to 0-300 Kbps as well as dropped frames.
I'd also like to mention that I was able to stream CSGO on Streamlabs obs but since I was having the same problem there, I made a switch to OBS Studio.
I did some research and couldn't find any solution to this problem. I hope people here would be able to help me fix this issue.

I use a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop. Here are the Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-9650H CPU @ 2.65 Mhz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gb Graphics
Running Windows 10

Attachments

• 2020-07-11 21-08-14.txt
    56.7 KB · Views: 20

qhobbes

0. Update your Windows 10 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
00. Use newest version of OBS.
1. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS. Follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues.

21:20:01.698: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 10811 (61.7%)

Settings --> Advanced --> Network --> Check box for Dynamically change bitrate... [Apply] [OK]

TanBoii

Thank you so much for helping out. I applied all the methods you mentioned and it turns out the bandwidth problem is with csgo. My internet connection drops whenever csgo is running and it affects my steam download speeds as well. As soon as I quit the game, everything is back to normal. Let me know if you know anything about this, I'm also trying to figure it out. Otherwise, in the end, I'll have to speak to or change my ISP