Bug Report FPS Normal in game. In-OBS FPS drops massively.

RaigeMage

Hey guys,

First of all, I want to say that you guys have a great product here.

So, weirdly and mysteriously, I had a similar post in the regular Windows OBS forums and it somehow disappeared or was deleted.

The problem I'm having is that my in game FPS suffers no loss at all. It's perfectly fine. However, the in-OBS FPS drops to below 10 at times. My viewers can see this FPS drop so this is really effecting my streaming capability.

I've tried many things to get this working. This is happening with both the normal 64 bit OBS and the Multiplatform version. The problem is definitely not my computers ability to handle streaming and playing a game. I used to be able to stream games with OBS at 60 FPS with no issue less than a month ago. All drivers are up to date. I'm really at a loss here and would like some help as it's kind of killing my stream. Thanks.

Log Files are here: https://gist.github.com/a565bfa2dc0529ccf8fd

Settings are below:
upload_2015-12-29_1-32-58.png

upload_2015-12-29_1-33-19.png

upload_2015-12-29_1-33-41.png

upload_2015-12-29_1-34-1.png

xsimbyx

Why are you scaling twice? First output to 1280x720 then scaling output again to 1024x576.

I'm not a streamer I only capture unscaled game footage so that's why I'm asking. I would guess OBS is intelligent enough it only scales once.

Last edited:

RaigeMage

Also:

Using Game Capture may be the issue? Window Capture seems to perform a lot better. The problem with Window Capture is that people can see your steam overlay and such, which is less than ideal.

I'd really like a response to this guys. Please.

Thanks,
RaigeMage
twitch.tv/raigemage

RaigeMage

Why are you scaling twice? First output to 1280x720 then scaling output again to 1024x576.

I'm not a streamer I only capture unscaled game footage so that's why I'm asking. I would guess OBS is intelligent enough it only scales once.

I'm not sure why it was set that way. However, changing it doesn't improve the FPS at all. I appreciate the input though.

Thanks!

RaigeMage
twitch.tv/raigemage

DaviDeberjerack

I can't say i know much at all about anything, but i can tell you what my settings are. I had this exact problem in the last obs and upgrading seemed to fix it. I don't have the rescale output box checked in the output section, and I use the OpenGL as a renderer instead of Direct3D-11. Everything else is default like you have it.

RaigeMage

I discovered a major contributor to the framerate lag that I was experiencing.

AMD Radeon has some strange settings in their latest driver updates such that Anti-Aliasing overrides game application settings by default. Setting this to "Use Application Settings" rather than "Override Settings" will greatly improve OBS FPS. Hopefully this will help others that are experiencing this kind of issue.

upload_2016-1-11_13-30-31.png

Thanks guys,

RaigeMage
twitch.tv/raigemage

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-11_13-28-45.png
    upload_2016-1-11_13-28-45.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 18