Question / Help Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen Desktop Audio Issues

Drywall Thief

Hey there,
So every time I stream using OBS Studio with my Focusrite I end up having to spend a good 30 minutes messing with sound properties, that seems completely random in what I am doing, and OBS will sometimes decide to capture. The current setup I have looks like this:
Annotation 2020-04-20 181727.png

But what is weird is that the audio levels are showing to be active on my OBS Studio.
2.png

I really wanna use this versus Streamlabs OBS but I am fully unawares as to what the issue is here and how I can fix it.

vapeahoy

Windows audio is still in a bit of a mess, and i guess it always has been. I have some steinberg usb devices and they recently released a new driver with a "low latency mode" and also a new "stable" mode, along with a "standard" - latency mode. However, i have 3 of these ur22 boxes on the same computer, and so it varies on what happens on boot up. I had to do some testing with various bitrates to make them all be detectable in correct order, as so to each device is being played off correctly. For instance i have one card saved for Firefox, or music devices and so on. Another for VOIP, and one for game/main/system sounds.

Without the right latency mode and bitrate mode, i get the same issue you do, except i have different hardware. It seems reasonable the culprit is about the same sort of issue tho.

A rather long way of saying try various settings, and see if that behaves differently..

I've been trying to find a device to replace it all with, but so far no luck, cant find anything. The soundcraft mtk series does multi track, but they're lacking in other areas, so idk.

edit: i have my devices over a long cable tho, which probably can be a culprit to some extent too, but its within the usb protocol for support. My hope is it will work better when i get a new usb hub.

Best of luck.