zivkessel

Hello everyone,

My configuration:
Macbook Pro 2011
2.0 Ghz i7
8GB RAM
512 SSD
AMD Raedon MD 6490 256 mb + Intel Graphics 3000 512MB

I've been streaming live video successfully via capture card (Magewell Pro) for a few months now. The picture quality is excellent BUT no matter how I adjust the settings, there seems to be a flickering effect - as though I'm filming with 12 FPS or so..

At first I suspected that my rather poor GPU is responsible for the phenomenon so today I almost bought a slick 2015 MBP with AMD GPU but the flickering problem showed up on that laptop as well!

It is very important for me to solve this problem ASAP as I have a few streams coming up soon which I need maximum quality.

Thanks in advance for your responses.. :)
Ziv

zivkessel

Attachments

• 2019-04-03 10-47-11.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 42

zivkessel

SOLVED!

Fellow streamers, it appears that many people are experiencing the flicker issue while streaming on mac with OBS.
I just downgraded my OS to El Capitan and guess what - Flicker is gone. There seems to be some sort of video encoding issue in the newer systems. Let me know if it helps you too.

MarcAq

Im having this same problem, Im on Mojave and here are my specs:
  • Apple 21.5" iMac® (2017) iMac18,2
  • Model MNDY2LL/A
  • Intel Core i5 (3.0GHz) 4 Core
  • 8GB Memory 2400Mhz DDR4
  • Graphics Radeon Pro 555 2948MB
  • Display Retina 4K 21.5’ (4096x2304) VRAM: 2 GB
  • Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
  • 1TB Hard Drive

MarcAq

I am trying to use PreSonus Studio One 4 Pro with OBS to make small tutorials on how to use Studio One, But it seems like OBS, Studio One and Mojave dont like to play together because everything else works fine with OBS, except for Studio One. Hope the OBS developers can find a workaround for this problem.