[Fixed] Restream.io suggested settings

DarkDench

"use the encoder settings of the streaming service" - need to disable.
The problem is not fixed
P.S. help fix the problem

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I've fixed the bug. Will be fixed in 22. Please confirm whether or not you had anything like this happened in simple output mode (not advanced output mode), because this particular bug seemed to be exclusive to advanced output mode.

Sorry this one took so long. Sometimes certain bugs fly by me, especially when they're in something like advanced output mode which is less used (and really should be less used)

sneaky4oe

I've fixed the bug. Will be fixed in 22. Please confirm whether or not you had anything like this happened in simple output mode (not advanced output mode), because this particular bug seemed to be exclusive to advanced output mode.

Sorry this one took so long. Sometimes certain bugs fly by me, especially when they're in something like advanced output mode which is less used (and really should be less used)
Sorry about late reply, I was outside of my city and couldn't test.

So, in current 21.1.2 version on a fresh profile:
1. Simple mode, default values. Keyint = 2
2. Advanced mode, default values. Keyint = 8
3. Advanced mode without enforcing, but with keyint = 0. Keyint = 8

Looks like simple mode is unaffected by that bug, but more and more users want to use advanced.

sneaky4oe

With the 22-d version the issue is still there if you stream to a custom rtmp, not to restream service. A new profile, and keyint is still 8.

unknown.png

Last log:
https://obsproject.com/logs/Rm0yAWV8Jx2YRcoN
keyint: 250

However, it's fixed if you select Restream as a service, not as a custom server, so that's a win. Thanks.

Osiris

The issue is not there with custom server either, there are no streaming settings to enforce with a custom server, so it's set to 0 (=auto).

sneaky4oe

Technically yes, but I believe that 2 seconds is the most common standard than 8. 8 is used for movie encoding, not for streaming.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
250 is the default keyint value for x264 for general usage, and it sets the maximum interval between keyframes, not the definitive value for "keyframes will always be at these intervals". Without some solid explanation and reasoning for changing the default, more than simply comparing movie encoding to live streaming, I don't personally see a reason why we should change the default keyint value at this time.