Question / Help FIXED - OBS Game Capture Black Screen

Yoda7224

Hello!
I recently downloaded OBS Studio in order to primarily record games. My focus being Overwatch.

I play Overwatch in fullscreen mode and I cannot get the "game capture" source to record my game. I am trying to record at 1080p 60fps. During the preview and the recording I see nothing but a black screen, although when I am editing the properties for the game capture source it shows the game in the small preview box.

I have tried using window capture mode, and display capture mode and those cannot seem to capture my fullscreen game. My currently have my game capture source set to record a specific window, and that window is my Overwatch.exe. I have tried with and without the anti-cheat compatibility.

I'd appreciate any help, cause I have never had this problem in the past with past machines. Thank you.

LOG: https://gist.github.com/d363716668c0a1ea5b4a239058080960

Yoda7224

Upon further testing, streaming as well does not work as well with game capture. Is there another way I can record a fullscreen application without using game capture?

Yoda7224

FIXED!

I had to right click my game capture source, and click TRANSFORM. After clicking TRANSFORM, I hit "Fit to screen" and the preview showed up instantly! I could see no red scaling box prior to this so that expalins it, now the preview is working great.

reymilioBalan

FIXED!

I had to right click my game capture source, and click TRANSFORM. After clicking TRANSFORM, I hit "Fit to screen" and the preview showed up instantly! I could see no red scaling box prior to this so that expalins it, now the preview is working great.

This worked like a gem, I'm stucked on this problem for almost a month.. like they said, read and google the shit out of your problems.. Thanks lad..

Neymar_69

hello, for some times i record my gameplay using the game capture. mainly i play dota 2 and csgo. i was able to record csgo, but recently it became black screen when i try to game capture and i cant find the solution to fix it. so i try deleting the obs and installing it again. but now even the dota 2 is black screen so i couldnt record anything using the game capture. please help! ( itry the transform fit to screen but it didnt work and still displaying a black screen)