Question / Help Fixed Audio Sync Zoom with OBS

Ronald Cz

The default setup for virtual cam has a 3 buffer on the virtual camera when you hit start. At first you would think to keep this and experiment later. When I found the audio off from the zoom camera which was set to obs virtual camera I thought it was either the audio sync offset or this buffer.

Turns out the buffer was the problem and not the off sync. Zoom uses computer audio and obs is using Mic/Aux. SET BUFFER TO ZERO.

Notice the finger is just slightly off from the mic hit with the finger.
Of course your computer maybe slightly different. Play with buffer and off set.

OBS virtual camera off in zoom with audio 4-27-20.jpg

JoshWyatt

Having similar problem but on Mac. Using OBS Video feed, and Audio straight into Zoom via an Audio Interface, there's. 2-3 frame out of sync issue. Can't find a way yet to send the OBS mix audio to Zoom.

JoshWyatt

Update! So I ran some tests, and on my system, going through OBS then to Zoom, the audio slipped by about 120ms.

To fix this, I was running my audio through a mixing console, then through an Audio Interface. I simply set a delay on my Main LR out on my mixer by 120ms, and boom - perfectly synced sound in Zoom.

Our purpose will be playing music through Zoom - so we'll use a BUS output with no delay for effective IEM (In Ear Monitoring). If we were to monitor the delayed MAIN LR signal - it would be disastrous and throw off our rhythm.

Paul2020

I am screen capturing Zoom into OBS and then back to zoom, but the speakers audio stays in zoom so as to avoid an echo. The video is now behind the audio and with no way to slow the audio down as it’s coming direct from the speaker.
how can I solve this?

cyberscribe

Make sure you are using Display Capture, not Window Capture, to avoid lag between video and audio when capturing Zoom to Mac OBS.