First time ever my computer gets entirely frozen while livestreaming using OBS 30.2.2

the_dlearner

Im on i9 13th, 64 GB of ram DDR5, Z690 and a 4070TI.

I had been running livestreams for the past year two times per week, without exception. This is the first time ever OBS crashes entirely my computer leaving me only chance for a forcefull restart of my tower.

I'm attaching the log were the issue took place.

Attachments

• 2024-07-25 08-53-15.txt
    43.1 KB · Views: 15

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
13th gen CPUs are known to be unstable, as OBS is a usermode application it can't cause system freezes by itself except by triggering unstable hardware.

the_dlearner

13th gen CPUs are known to be unstable, as OBS is a usermode application it can't cause system freezes by itself except by triggering unstable hardware.
Is this a one of a kind type of issue? i mean, something that may happen once in a year or so?

the_dlearner

So i understand that 13th gen CPUs are unstable and that OBS can't cause by itself a system freeze, tho didn't followed when you say "except by triggering unstable hardware". Can you expand?

rockbottom

It's not the CPU's causing the trouble. It's the mobo's & the bad overclocks. If the CPU does get damaged it needs to be replaced.

Lawrence_SoCal

I found Intel's statement to be 'lacking'
this article seems to go a bit deeper... and if article is accurate, Intel's responses really are lacking (trying to avoid expensive recall)

per this latest, if CPU experiencing problems, it is permanently damaged (Intel's fault/defects) and needs to be replaced... and replacement CPUs with fix aren't available yet

rockbottom

It was early samples that are prone to failure due to oxidation. That manufacturing defect was corrected last year. Run them at Intel specs & more than likely they never fail. The good news, is they are now being replaced under warranty.

the_dlearner

Idk guys, never had this on no other software and i run pretty intensive stuff here, 3D rendering, livestreams, all of that

the_dlearner

HAGS is known to cause crashes, try disabling it & see what happens.
hmmm looking into this-> https://obsproject.com/kb/hags

I understand if i take work off the GPU it will get driven by the CPU right? How does that affects performance/stability? because i remember getting this exact same setting on a while ago so curious. Also, maybe that's good on lower end GPUs to share the work in between GPU<->CPU but here imo a 4070ti is kind of a big deal right?

rockbottom

12900k/3090 over here. HAGS was disabled before I installed OBS. My rig/OBS never crash. Previous rig was a 6700k/1660 Super, that one still doesn't crash either. Nothing to lose disabling it but you might gain some stability.