Final Recording a bit laggy/stuttery

TheLuckyPear

Hi all, I am trying to record gameplay on this lower-end PC. I tried adjusting to the PC accordingly, yet I still get a bit of lag or stuttering in the final recording, yet none in-game. I also had it smooth at one point, but the gameplay was just too horrendous and pixelated to look at. So, I wanted to see if anyone could find a balance between okay-looking gameplay and no stuttering or lag.

Here is the link to my most recent log: https://obsproject.com/logs/soi52h9cCH0yEOFG

I'm not sure if that will work, but I also attached it just in case.

PS sorry if I did anything wrong, I am new to this :)

Attachments

• 2020-08-31 11-40-52.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 20

qhobbes

0. If available, update Windows 10 1909 or 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Run OBS as Admin
2. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or by enabling Auto remux in the advanced settings.
3. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Headset Earphone (HyperX Virtual Surround Sound): 48000 Hz
Headset Microphone (HyperX Virtual Surround Sound): 44100 Hz
4. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
5. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues. Try changing your Framerate to 30 or 29.97 if your monitors is 59.94 refresh rate.