Question / Help Filtering Same Source

JTMerrell

So, I've been trying to figure this out. Looking through many videos and guides, but can't seem to find anything on it.

I can't seem to figure out how to filter my webcam on one scene without it affecting my webcam on a different scene. I know it sounds simple enough, but because it's from the same source, I don't know if it can be done. I've seen other people on Twitch do it, but I wasn't sure if they were using OBS also.

If this can be done on OBS, how do I do this?

EBrito

Make a scene with your webcam
Make another scene with the webcam
In your desired scene you can use any of those previous scenes as sources and you can apply different filters

JTMerrell

Make a scene with your webcam
Make another scene with the webcam
In your desired scene you can use any of those previous scenes as sources and you can apply different filters
When I do that, it messes with the webcam in the other scene. I'm trying to figure out how to use filters and not do anything to the other scenes webcam.

EBrito

make another scene ------- do not select existing webcam (the cam used in first scene). select again the same camera

fatmatrow

deactivate the active camera before activating it in another scene. Kind of a pain but when you get used to it it's fine

Osiris

When I try to do that, it doesn't show a webcam at all. Just the single webcam and not the second source.

There is no second source, you make 2 scenes, you add the same webcam source to both of them (second one use Add Existing). You can then add those scenes as sources and apply different filters.

EBrito

If you use transitions, webcam won´t reactivate when changing to another scene with the same webcam. Only "cut" transition reactivates again the cámera.