FFMpeg Input Plugin

NoSFeRaTU

This is input plugin with support of various protocols and formats. The core of that plugin is ffmpeg - world`s richiest multimedia opensource library with plenty of decoders and protocols support, even so exotic ones that you probably never hear of them ^_^

FFMpeg_Input_Plugin-1.jpg

Plugin currently in early stages of development, so it obviously has bugs and is currently does not have many planned features, for example:
1) no audio support
2) no frame dropper code (fps of obs must be equal or higher than sources one)
3) no playback controls
4) network protocols often blocks OBS for some time when there are connection issues.
and so on...

Source Code
Latest 32bit binaries

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Oh snap, the day has come! Get hype!

Going to try this out now!

EDIT: I was able to successfully add a video file to my scene in 0.473 test 12! Hooray! I didn't play around with it a ton, but I do know that it didn't work on the latest 32bit test version, 0.48.007b. Seeing as how the only way to get 0.473 is from the Sourceforge page, I'd guess that an important next step would be to make it compatible with the latest test. :|

But otherwise, it's off to a good start! I know it's still rough, but it really is great progress so far. Keep it up!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The API changed a bit, had to change it unfortunately which probably caused it to break.

Arky_PT

thank you very much NoSFeRaTU!!!
Its working great in 4.73b.

can you please recompile it for the latest builds?
also from my tests i realise that swf arent working.

thanks again you and Jim for you great work!

NoSFeRaTU

dodgepong said:
I didn't play around with it a ton, but I do know that it didn't work on the latest 32bit test version, 0.48.007b. Seeing as how the only way to get 0.473 is from the Sourceforge page, I'd guess that an important next step would be to make it compatible with the latest test. :|
Yeah, it was compatible only with 0.473 versions because of api changes in obs, thats why I especially noted that 0.473 is the only supported version. I updated link in first post to version which should work with latest 0.48 test versions without issues, also there are some aspect ratio improvements.

dodgepong said:
But otherwise, it's off to a good start! I know it's still rough, but it really is great progress so far. Keep it up!
Thanks ^_^

Arky_PT said:
can you please recompile it for the latest builds?
here it is ^_^

Arky_PT said:
also from my tests i realise that swf arent working.
It is not supposed to work, swf is adobe (macromedia) application format, not a multimedia one. If you want to play flash/air based applications then that plugin is not what you are looking for.

Arky_PT

that was FAASSSSSTTTTT!!!!!
thanks a lot mate!

keep up the good work.
if you find anyway around for making the swf to work just let me know!!!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
NoSFeRaTU said:
Plugin currently in early stages of development, so it obviously has bugs and is currently does not have many planned features, for example:
1) no audio support

swak

thank you so much for making this. I will be testing it today to see how it works with some feeds. If this works I can finally shed xSplit.

Arky_PT

Nosferatu are you thinking on adding audio in the near future? its the only thing this needs to make OBS perfect!

NoSFeRaTU

Arky_PT said:
Nosferatu are you thinking on adding audio in the near future? its the only thing this needs to make OBS perfect!
Yeah, it is planned. I'm currently busy with non-obs related stuff, so currently it is progressing a bit slow. There are already exists version with preliminary audio support, but it has some sync issues so I need to work on it some more.

Arky_PT

Good to ear that Nosferatu.
keep up the good work mate, lots of people waiting for you plugin!
thanks again

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
That's a side effect because of a needed API change in a recent update -- I'll try not to make any more API changes to OBS if I can help it, or rather I'll try to make the API less breakable, it's my fault really, not his fault

Enns

Thanks for putting in the effort Nosferatu. I've been wanting this feature since day one of switching to OBS from Xsplit. I really want to have intro/outro videos again. Being able to play weird videos to take a short break mid cast is really helpful and much better than a pause or menu screen.

SabotageTheFool

Hi! (First post!)

Just quickly asking if this is planned to be updated in line with the new API (as the creator is busy which I can completely respect) or, if not, is there a way to still work it? Like using an older version or something, or is this not suggestible, or even possible?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

shyssirixius

Hello. Can i capture rtmp with this plugin? If yes, can u renew download link please. Coz now i got 404 error when try to download.