[Feature Request] Allow docking of stats window or status bar stats?

ntoff

Since OBS studio now allows rearranging of the UI, is it possible to allow the "stats" window (view -> stats) to be docked? I like to have the stats window open and sometimes it'll get buried under another window or underneath OBS. I guess an "always on top" option would work but I think having it dockable would be nicer as then it'd move around if you move OBS (I have 2 monitors).

Or even just a simplified version of the stats with the dropped vs total frames maybe shown down in the status bar?

RLag: D:5/T:5000 ELag: D:5/T:5000 maybe?

Slegnor

I was about to suggest this as well, I'd like to be able to have it docked somewhere, maybe down the side of the preview window, something like this?

uMrcm0w.png

Last edited:

Slegnor

Is there any indication anywhere if this and others suggestions are a consideration or not?
Hard to tell if devs are reading suggestions or not

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I read all of them, personally. There's not always a response beyond "thanks for the suggestion" because I can't say one way or another whether a suggestion will be implemented or not. Personally I think this is a good idea, but I'm not able to say if it will be added or not, and what the timeline would be.

Last edited:

michaelc

+1 for this. Seems like stats is an odd one out here.

Or dropped dropped frames at least be highlighted in red on the bottom status bar ?

DayGeckoArt

I've been trying to figure out this for a while, only just realized there is a separate stats window and one you get docked by right clicking on the dock area!

DiverseCS

It still exists separately because it has a bit of extra functionality (e.g. it can stay open while OBS is minimized, whereas a popped-out dock cannot).
How do I keep the stats window open and have obs minimized? Every time I minimize obs the stats dock also minimizes. Could someone reply with a picture or video how to?