FB live + OBS Lagging 150mbps Internet

yyanky

To whom it may concern,

I am streaming on fb and I notice the bitrate drops so much even on 4500 bitrate. I want to be able to push 6000 bitrate which should be no problem with my internet speed. Please help me thank youu

Attachments

• 2020-09-27 15-11-08.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 167

yyanky

You max. speed it doesn't matter, if you meet the minimum and maximum requirements.
You're using 60 FPS unnecessarily.
I am streaming 720p 60fps. Fb supports 1080p 60fps. I dont understand what you are telling me. I am saying i have waaaay over the max speed(internet wise) and my pc is not potato. I am trying to understand why OBS is not getting my internet speed properly. I tried to stream but its even getting below 4500 bitrate.

You said i am using 60 fps unnecessarily what does that mean? I am saying my internet and pc should be able to stream 1080p 60fps 6k bitrate with absolutely no problem. But right now, i even make it 720p 60fps 4500 bitrate still dropping bitrate

qhobbes

1. Binding to a manually chosen IP address is rarely needed. Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Network and set "Bind to IP" back to "Default".
2. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS but OBS can attempt to work with it. Follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues such as enabling Dynamic Bitrate.

bcoyle

Your upload speed is different from your download speed. I have spectrum which is 100 down and 12 up. I'm running 1080p 30f and can upload at 4500 with 360 dropped frames over 120 hours of streaming - Trying to do broadcast 24/7 tv station. I'm doing this on a slow laptop running at 14% cpu. My laptop is a 2 core 2.8 ghz machine. I've found and you might want to try this is to give obs higher program priority. I'm running windows 7. I run the task manager. This is a right click on the task bar. Select task manager. Goto to the process tab. scroll down and find 0bs64.exe Right click on it - you will see a pop up with set priority as an option. Set the priority to high. Don't recommend real time but you can try it if you want.This gets you in front of most other programs. My drop rate unproved dramatically. I can easily run 6mhz on high def files, no problem. Don't know if it will make a difference while capturing. Good Luck. Oh, FGI, the priority will reset to normal on reboot and if you exit the program and then reload. Got to do it every time. Don't know if there is a way to permanently set it to high and don't know if it will interfere with games. I'm just streaming files.

Solution:

1. Do a speed test on google. Search for speed test. Click on the blue box and check your upload speed. If your upload speed is around 9, 12, 7, 10. 8 After five test. I recommend your OBS upload speed to 2,700Mbps and no more.

Check the green box in OBS. Always. The most important part of streaming is your upload speed. Also it will depend on what media you are playing. Make sure your local media is on a SSD drive, convert any mp4 to .mov format. Big filles but less cpu and gpu use when the video file is less compressed.

Let me know if this helps. See my channel for more on streaming like a pro.

yyanky

Solution:

1. Do a speed test on google. Search for speed test. Click on the blue box and check your upload speed. If your upload speed is around 9, 12, 7, 10. 8 After five test. I recommend your OBS upload speed to 2,700Mbps and no more.

Check the green box in OBS. Always. The most important part of streaming is your upload speed. Also it will depend on what media you are playing. Make sure your local media is on a SSD drive, convert any mp4 to .mov format. Big filles but less cpu and gpu use when the video file is less compressed.

Let me know if this helps. See my channel for more on streaming like a pro.
I realized my speed on google speed test is different from my result in Ookla. i only get around 2mbps upload on google but 150mbps on ookla. I guess obs and google has similar server or something. This may not be related to obs but have u ever heard of this problem?

I realized my speed on google speed test is different from my result in Ookla. i only get around 2mbps upload on google but 150mbps on ookla. I guess obs and google has similar server or something. This may not be related to obs but have u ever heard of this problem?

Wow! Your Internet provider sucks!

Try this! For the internet provider to fix this, you are paying for a service and they are not delivering. You could temporarily fix this bu turning off the power of the modem for 1 minute. And plunging it back. Check your speed again. Like a said, NEVER use any other speed test, only Googles cause internet providers are scammers and evil.

With the speed you show, you can only stream at 900Kbps. Less than 1Mbps. This really suck for you. Call your provider but NOT use the speed test they are you. When they do, use Google but do not say that to them. They are scammers.

Sorry for the miss type, typing on a small phone is crap. Call your provider and demand your speed to be what you pay for. This problem is not OBS and yes your internet provider robing you.

yyanky

Sorry for the miss type, typing on a small phone is crap. Call your provider and demand your speed to be what you pay for. This problem is not OBS and yes your internet provider robing you.
I saw on reddit, some system admin said ookla or fast.com is more accurate.

I thought so too coz now google is giving me 5 mbps download which could not be correct coz i can download a huge file pretty fast.
Anyway i give up on this. Looks like its obs issue with my ISP. I dont want to bother fixing it. Thanks for the help guys