Failed to start recording....

I have 2 graphic cards. When i first installed them, it worked. Then one day, it started not working. This log file is with ONE graphic card. But it still doesn't work. Other people have similar issues. This is a huge bug, you need to fix this asap! Do you guys know what you are doing?

All the .dll files not found are all there. I checked. So they me what's wrong!

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 17-23-56.txt
    6 KB · Views: 3
You are still wrong. It is possible to record over 4096. Now if you ask nicely, i'll tell ya. :) Thanks for fixing my problem!

Ok, you don't have to ask i'll tell ya since you fixed my problem. :) All you have to do is on the video setting, set base resolution to 5760x1080 but you need to change the output resolution to i guess anything below 4096. Once you do that, you can record 5760 x 1080.

koala

You're a bit fast with your conclusions.
You're using nvenc as encoder. You tried to create a video file with an output resolution of 5760x1080. This didn't work, because nvenc supports resolutions only up to 4096. This is no "bug" in OBS, this is simply a technical limitation of nvenc.

To work around this limitation, you can either reduce the output resolution (which you already found out). This means of course you don't get the native resolution of your 3 monitors in your video file.
Or you can keep the output resolution and use a different encoder, for example x264 (software). In case you use a software encoder, you need to make sure your CPU has enough computing power to support your high resolution.

In either case, I recommend you review your decision to create a 48:9 aspect ratio video. Such a video can only be viewed on a similar monitor configuration, which is absolutely uncommon. Everybody with just 1 monitor will get enormous black bars at the top and bottom - 2/3 of the monitor will be black bars.

You're a bit fast with your conclusions.
You're using nvenc as encoder. You tried to create a video file with an output resolution of 5760x1080. This didn't work, because nvenc supports resolutions only up to 4096. This is no "bug" in OBS, this is simply a technical limitation of nvenc.

To work around this limitation, you can either reduce the output resolution (which you already found out). This means of course you don't get the native resolution of your 3 monitors in your video file.
Or you can keep the output resolution and use a different encoder, for example x264 (software). In case you use a software encoder, you need to make sure your CPU has enough computing power to support your high resolution.

In either case, I recommend you review your decision to create a 48:9 aspect ratio video. Such a video can only be viewed on a similar monitor configuration, which is absolutely uncommon. Everybody with just 1 monitor will get enormous black bars at the top and bottom - 2/3 of the monitor will be black bars.

lol...well ya. AFTER i told you what i did. LOL.

Again, you are wrong. lol. Why are you always wrong? i can view that apect ratio on 3 monitors just fine.

Now if OBS can record my other 3 monitors using my 2nd gpu, that would be fantastic. :) That would make my old computer a super comupter. :)