Question / Help Failed to recreate D3D11: Failed to create input layout (80070057)

Rayzer88

Hi everyone, I'm new here and to streaming in general! Been going about 6 weeks now and up until this evening no problems

Earlier, whenever I started a stream, OBS would either crash, my PC would BSOD and in one case my entire screen went very pixelated...I then opened a youtube "fix" video and my screen went CRAZY pixelated and crashed the PC again.

I was fairly sure it was to do with my new GPU, so I removed it and plugged into onboard graphics...no problems at all. 2 hour stream without a hiccup.

What's confusing me though is I installed the GPU 4 days ago and have been streaming/recording every day since without a single problem. 3 hour stream last night, turned off the PC....loaded up today (and didn't change a single thing/setting from how it was last night) and its been a nightmare!

Crash log file says: Failed to recreate D3D11: Failed to create input layout (80070057)

I've attached the log file (it wasn't the current or previous log file so couldn't upload it). I only hope the one I post is the correct one (there were about 4 or 5 crashes overall, plus the logs from the streams I didn't have a problem with

Thanks very much for looking :)

Attachments

• 2019-11-16 20-36-41.txt
    87.5 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
Known issue. Downgrade to OBS 23.2.1 until the next OBS 24 update is available (fix is already done and will be released with the next update).

Rayzer88

Ahh cool thanks! Just seemed a bit weird that I didn’t have any issues when I switched to onboard , and hadn’t had these issues before yesterday

AntAskew

Known issue. Downgrade to OBS 23.2.1 until the next OBS 24 update is available (fix is already done and will be released with the next update).

has anyone had any luck by doing this? I’ve uninstalled the current version and went back to 23.2.1 though won’t get a chance to test until tomorrow and it doesn’t always occur.

also is there any estimated date the latest version is due to drop?

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
Sorry, no estimate for the release yet. A lot is happening tho at the moment and I can't imagine that it's very far off.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The root issue is your GPU is crashing, and 24.0.3 GPU crash-recovery is broken. If you're able to fix your GPU crashing that will avoid having to downgrade. Usually caused by old drivers, overclocking, insufficient power or other hardware / software issues.

ThijsgamingNL

I have the same issue for quite some time now, most of the time, my screens go black and obs crashes or the recording won't even start. I get an error message that it might be old drivers and stuff but the drivers of my rx 580 are fully updated (was running the recommended, but now the latest with same issue). I did had my card overclocked to what I thought was a stable overclock cause I had no issues for half a year. But even when I turned the overclock off the crashes are still happening. I was running OBS 24.0.3 and just updated to 25.0.8. But do you guys think that would've fixed it? Please let me know if!