Failed to open NVENC codec, despite following online guides

PadreJoshua

Hello everyone, I made this account because I downloaded OBS, since i wished to stream a game for a friend with sound.
The issue I have is that, after setting things up, I tried to press start streaming, which was followed by this error:
1601219242010.png

To find the solution to the issue I looked online, where I was told how to update my drivers. I followed the instruction, but my computer informed me that my video drivers were already up to date. After then following another guide, I found out I was supposed to change something in the streaming settings.

1601219323578.png

I changed the Encoder from x264 to the above shown one. However, that similarly did nothing to stop the error from appearing. Unfortunately everything I find online has people getting past this error after they did this. What do I do now?

here is the log file? I believe I did it right, I apologize if I made some kind of mistake.

I am very grateful for any help or advice!

PadreJoshua

How do I go abuot updating my GPU drivers? I googled it just now and followed the advice given, namely to open the system manager and to update my drivers, but since I wasn't sure what to update, I simply tried updating every single thing. It always informed me that it's already on the newest level, so there is nothing I can apparently update?
1601222889122.png

PadreJoshua

Followed the update nvidia driver advice. Went to updates and security and tried to update, however there appear to be no updates available? I am very sorry if I'm being stupid but I really do not know what I need to do.
1601225644294.png

PadreJoshua

Okay, thank you very much, I was able to finally stream using OBS now after downloading that. Now, I have run into another issue, namely that the audio from OBS keeps looping over and over and over again for some reason. Should I make another thread for this issue or is this something I may ask the people out here?