Question / Help Failed to connect to server

younglink

Hello. I downloaded OBS for my Mac yesterday and began working on overlays for streaming to twitch. I synced my stream key and had everything ready and I got the above message when I went to stream it and test this morning. I went into settings and moved but the server location (which was on auto) and the network setting off default and got the same result. when I moved them back it connected fine. After a couple minute test, I ended the stream and since then, no matter what I do, it will not connect. As I am new to this software, I wasn't sure if servers were down or if I am missing something so I wanted to post here.

I have tried: Reseting the stream key (I've gotten that message a couple times)
Changing the network off of default and back on.
Tried every server in Canada and Europe, and one in London (I am in Ohio in the USA)
reset the auto config wizard
made sure my anti-virus software allowed OBS to connect.
and disabled my router's firewall
uninstalling and reinstalling OBS

each time, getting some form of the "Failed to connect to server message.
thanks in advance for any and all help.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please provide a log file after getting the error message in OBS.

Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log

Fenrir

Forum Admin
From your log:

Code:
21:16:15.170: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/app...
21:16:25.716: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
21:16:25.716: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/app failed: -3

Appears to be something on your network either blocking the connection, or your stream key has been entered improperly. Nothing else can really cause that error message.

younglink

okay. i am definietly no expert here, but I am leaning toward the network. It could be the key I guess but I have reset it many time and most times get a plain "failed to connect." is this something I should contact my ISP about?

younglink

Okay, so just to test it, I used my Wife's laptop running Windows and downloaded obs. The stream connected to Twitch right away, and on the same network/router, without any problem. So would that make it a problem with my iMac and/or the mac obs?

younglink

Okay. Im going to try partitioning the hard drive to run windows and see if it will work that way instead of me needing to buy a new pc

Narcogen

If you run the auto configuration wizard on the affected Mac, what speed does it suggest for using to stream to Twitch? Are you trying to stream on wireless?