Question / Help Failed to Connect To Server

Brian Hoppy

I get Failed to connect to server errors when trying to stream on facebook. Facebook Live and Default selected. Correct key used. Any ideas ?

Gol D. Ace

Could you post a log?

A clean log file is required to help fix your issue. To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS
2) Start your stream/recording. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

(Note: If you do not see an obsproject.com URL, you will need to update OBS Studio to version 22+)

Brian Hoppy

10220410201898984?s_bl=1&s_ps=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbxOSc-FRX4PluMV

As requested, follwed instruction as above, link to log file attached. Hope you can see from this what I'm doing wrong, if anything. The service setting is Facebook LIve, the server is default. I get the same error if I select Service as Custom and paster the Facebook server URL in the server field. Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Brian Hoppy

Sorry, just reposted link for error log.

17:50:31.739: libfdk_aac encoder created
17:50:31.739: libfdk_aac bitrate: 128, channels: 2
17:50:31.739: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
17:50:31.793: RTMP_Connect1, no SSL/TLS support
17:50:31.794: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -2
17:50:31.794: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

Gol D. Ace

You are using an old Flatpak build of OBS.
Either get a new one if available and hope that they include mbedtls or if you have Ubuntu or any distro that is based on it the PPA.

sudo apt install ffmpeg
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio
sudo apt update
sudo apt install obs-studio