fade in or out when selecting/deselecting images

SWit

Just thought I would elaborate on my request—seems like most of you are using OBS for recording/streaming games, webcams, monitor images from your computer. I'm using it to record (now) and stream (once we have all our details worked out) live events from a video switcher with 3 robotic cameras. At times we may be shooting a speaker (with a face shot) and have a need to overlay the speaker's name in the shot (much like they do on TV news) so all I do is create an image file with transparency (.gif or .png) to bring in or out as a source within the scene. Problem is, adding an image is only an on or off cut and doesn't look very professional. What I'd like to see added to the add image source is a simple fade, perhaps with a control to adjust the timing or length of the fade in addition to the opacity control that you already have in the add image dialog box. Not sure how much is involved programmatically but I'm hoping it's fairly simple. In the meantime, if anyone has any thoughts about a possible workaround using existing tools or plug-ins, I'm all ears. Thanks for a great application.