Switch to different PC and Laptop.
Switch internet connections
Reinstall OBS

When going live on facebook stuck on loading "Live video is starting…"

Attachments

• 154710.951 CPU Name AMD Ryzen 5 450.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 26

Kemlo

Hi. Had the same problem this morning with church livestream, reproduced at home later. Have reset the Stream key dozens of times and now just get a Failed to connect message "Could not access the specified channel or stream key. Check your stream key. If it is correct, there may be a problem connecting to the server". Nothing has changed on either the church or home systems since yesterday, when there was no issue with livestream via Facebook

Windows 11; Chrome Version 118.0.5993.71 (Official Build) (64-bit); OBS Studio 29.1.3 (64 bit)

Attachments

• 2023-10-13 15-22-36.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 15

Lawrence_SoCal

Scheduled or ad-hoc Video event?
Did you use FB's /live/producer and see if preview video appears?

I've had FB settings change for unknown reasons (with volunteers, no idea if accident, FB screw-up, or ???). As such, as we only use Scheduled Events (for consistent URL, visible to non-FB users), as we use /live/producer to monitor stream and act as digital usher, I routinely check ALL video settings to make sure something unexpected hasn't changed. And once there is an issue with a Scheduled Event, getting re-connected can be a real hassle (granted, haven't bothered with any recent (terrible) FB's documentation) to point of often not working at all.

My recommendation - start with FB's /Live/Producer page. RTFM (make sure to change to streaming software, copy key, start streaming... does preview window populate? do not 'Pass Go' until you resolve.. presuming no change in OBS settings (you did check that first, right?). no issue with OS user profile, or OBS Profile? Assuming OBS settings as they should be, then diving deep into FB video event settings is next step

And side note... FB's Scheduled Video auto-start is NOT reliable for us... and hasn't been most of '23. Sometimes Live video will start in 15-20 seconds, and will for weeks on end, then it won't. We either manually start at Scheduled time to be safe, or wait 20 seconds, and then swiftly turn off Auto-Start and manually hit go Live... (as our automation needs to capture an intro screen to use as Thumbnail, before time sequence change of scenes for 1st 5 minutes of livestream before resuming manual OBS control of Scene selection

Hi. Had the same problem this morning with church livestream, reproduced at home later. Have reset the Stream key dozens of times and now just get a Failed to connect message "Could not access the specified channel or stream key. Check your stream key. If it is correct, there may be a problem connecting to the server". Nothing has changed on either the church or home systems since yesterday, when there was no issue with livestream via Facebook

Windows 11; Chrome Version 118.0.5993.71 (Official Build) (64-bit); OBS Studio 29.1.3 (64 bit)
HAD THE SAME PROB TOO. DO YOU FIXED IT?

Kemlo

No - still the same this morning. Tried simple stream to Facebook Live using a webcam - same problem. Can post text/images/videos to Facebook page and all works as it should - just can't connect to Live server. I have notified Facebook about the issue - no reply as yet

Kemlo

Scheduled or ad-hoc Video event?
Did you use FB's /live/producer and see if preview video appears?

I've had FB settings change for unknown reasons (with volunteers, no idea if accident, FB screw-up, or ???). As such, as we only use Scheduled Events (for consistent URL, visible to non-FB users), as we use /live/producer to monitor stream and act as digital usher, I routinely check ALL video settings to make sure something unexpected hasn't changed. And once there is an issue with a Scheduled Event, getting re-connected can be a real hassle (granted, haven't bothered with any recent (terrible) FB's documentation) to point of often not working at all.

My recommendation - start with FB's /Live/Producer page. RTFM (make sure to change to streaming software, copy key, start streaming... does preview window populate? do not 'Pass Go' until you resolve.. presuming no change in OBS settings (you did check that first, right?). no issue with OS user profile, or OBS Profile? Assuming OBS settings as they should be, then diving deep into FB video event settings is next step

And side note... FB's Scheduled Video auto-start is NOT reliable for us... and hasn't been most of '23. Sometimes Live video will start in 15-20 seconds, and will for weeks on end, then it won't. We either manually start at Scheduled time to be safe, or wait 20 seconds, and then swiftly turn off Auto-Start and manually hit go Live... (as our automation needs to capture an intro screen to use as Thumbnail, before time sequence change of scenes for 1st 5 minutes of livestream before resuming manual OBS control of Scene selection
Hi Lawrence and thanks for the reply. Yes, I use Live Producer, manually (not scheduled).
STOP PRESS!!! It's just started working! I just tried it to remind myself of the Facebook messages and was able to go live - I guess FB must have sorted out the problem