Facebook Live Video playing goes slows randomly . How to solve this issue

techieanit

Dear OBS Team,

I am currently doing Facebook Live and YouTube Live using the Restream platform and the media are played from OBS Studio 27.0 64 bit application.
The YouTube live video is working fine and the my YouTube channels viewers are happy with the quality of video and audio.
But when it comes to Facebook Live , the Facebook pages viewers are complaining when they watch in Facebook mobile application ,the video playing going slows affecting the audio. But there is no video-audio sync issue. I too checked it from my side.

My findings are given below.

1)When I open the Facebook Live video link , while watching the Facebook live video in small screen, at times the entire video& audio play gets slow.
2)When I try to watch the Facebook live video in Mobile Full screen video, the video and audio playing goes slow.
3) I tried to troubleshoot this issue by isolating Restream application from OBS and tried to do Facebook Live direct from OBS to Facebook page manually. The previous issues comes up.
4) The issue is experienced while watching the Live Stream and when we go to the recorded Video in Facebook video collections, the video play issue cant be seen
5) I have been advised to clear the Mobile Browser Cache,,, and even after clearing the Cache, the issue stills comes up

Attachments

• Advanced Settings.JPG
    Advanced Settings.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Audio Settings.JPG
    Audio Settings.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Output Settings -1.JPG
    Output Settings -1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Output Settings -2.JPG
    Output Settings -2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Output Settings3.JPG
    Output Settings3.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Video Settings.JPG
    Video Settings.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 145

FerretBomb

Really, if you're streaming to YouTube and the problem isn't happening there, OBS is putting out a clean video stream. The problem is on the Facebook side of things. They may have other requirements that Restream isn't handling correctly (which you would have to take up with Facebook and Restream, not here), but it isn't an OBS issue.

In Settings->Output->Streaming->Profile, you can try switching from the High to the Main profile. Main has greater compatibility for older devices, and if Facebook's player is coded crappily, it may behave better with the outdated profile type.

kedsouza

I too have noticed the same issue .The audio tempo and pitch changes when viewing in facebook app in live mode. According to me this bug is of Facebook and not obs or any other app. I have only noticed this happed once upgrade to the new facebook live producer interface. The problem has something to do with Auto, Normal, Low Latency settings. When i change it to normal it works sometimes. I would love if someone could ask facebook to resolve this issue asap.

Attachments

• fb2.png
    fb2.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 181

drshantyrocks

I'm facing the same problem in facebook live. We do live music .viewers complain of tempo going suddenly fast and suddenly slowing down. It's highly discouraging for us and we r losing live audience. Have tried all settings on OBS according to facebook requirements. Nothing seems to work. If someone has a solution plz advise.

buydailypost

This is a common problem. You can share helpful information in this post. Facebook should solve the issues related to its videos and improve them shortly.

Antonio1980

Anch'io ho notato lo stesso problema. Il tempo e il tono dell'audio cambiano durante la visualizzazione nell'app di Facebook in modalità live. Secondo me questo bug è di Facebook e non di obs o di qualsiasi altra app. Ho notato che questo è successo solo dopo l'aggiornamento alla nuova interfaccia del produttore live di Facebook. Il problema ha a che fare con le impostazioni Auto, Normale, Bassa latenza. Quando lo cambio alla normalità a volte funziona. Mi piacerebbe se qualcuno potesse chiedere a Facebook di risolvere questo problema al più presto.
[/CITAZIONE] farò questa prova

Dj_Stizz

I found the solution!

You have to make sure all your HZ rates are the same all the way across the board.

The reason why I know is because I did a live stream where every HD rate I had was set at 48 HZ including my intro beat.

Then a day later I changed my intro beat to an MP3 44.1 HZ and went live and noticed that the speed was changing randomly.

I put my intro beat back to the 48 HZ file and there was absolutely no audio tempo changes.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact solution because now my stream has no tempo changes.

I think Facebook gets confused with the inconsistent HZ rates and has to catch the audio up at some point so it does so by speeding it up randomly.

Hopes this helps out there!

lawsonmorton

I found the solution!

You have to make sure all your HZ rates are the same all the way across the board.

The reason why I know is because I did a live stream where every HD rate I had was set at 48 HZ including my intro beat.

Then a day later I changed my intro beat to an MP3 44.1 HZ and went live and noticed that the speed was changing randomly.

I put my intro beat back to the 48 HZ file and there was absolutely no audio tempo changes.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact solution because now my stream has no tempo changes.

I think Facebook gets confused with the inconsistent HZ rates and has to catch the audio up at some point so it does so by speeding it up randomly.

Hopes this helps out there!
I think I tried your suggestion. But it didn't work for me. Sample rate is set to 48hz and the incoming sound which is usb is set to dvd quality 48 hz as well and it still speeds up or slows down the tempo randomly.