Question / Help Facebook Live Stream to an event and our timeline

I am new to using OBS. My wife is a musician and as you can imagine, the ability to do concerts with social distancing is not possible. We started doing facebook live concerts. We have been creating an event for each concert and recently did the FB Live stream in the event. The event was posted in multiple community groups on Facebook to gather a draw from people outside her network. This worked well, except not all of the people in her network saw the stream and could only access it by going to the event page.

Is it possible to have the FB Live stream go to her event and simultaneously go to her timeline?

scottearth

I can't figure out how to get it to stream to an event. I create the event, but there is nowhere to put in a special stream key unique to that even page is there? when i stream, it just goes to my page. how do you do it?

Lawrence_SoCal

Facebook has (poor) documentation for using their /Live/Producer page to schedule and livestream. Be attentive on Facebook's page and it isn't too hard to figure out. As for original poster, you are asking a Facebook question on an OBS forum, which isn't the best place. And I've found Facebook's scheduled livestream behavior to not always be consistent. This has NOTHING to do with OBS. Though not relevant to my circumstance, I've seen prompts related to posting to event and other at same time

Because a Scheduled Facebook livestream is visible to non-Facebook users, that is what I use. Scheduling is done at facebook.com/live/producer/ And then looking at Upcoming events to pick the right event, "Setting up Live Video" and getting stream key from there. Beware clearly posted FB rules about streaming in advance of schedule start time.

scottearth

Facebook has (poor) documentation for using their /Live/Producer page to schedule and livestream. Be attentive on Facebook's page and it isn't too hard to figure out. As for original poster, you are asking a Facebook question on an OBS forum, which isn't the best place. And I've found Facebook's scheduled livestream behavior to not always be consistent. This has NOTHING to do with OBS. Though not relevant to my circumstance, I've seen prompts related to posting to event and other at same time

Because a Scheduled Facebook livestream is visible to non-Facebook users, that is what I use. Scheduling is done at facebook.com/live/producer/ And then looking at Upcoming events to pick the right event, "Setting up Live Video" and getting stream key from there. Beware clearly posted FB rules about streaming in advance of schedule start time.
But facebook puts your page in a drop down menu. so how do you enter the stream key? when i click add source it never works

Lawrence_SoCal

But facebook puts your page in a drop down menu. so how do you enter the stream key? when i click add source it never works
Sorry
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

For me In Facebook.com/Live/Producer -
1. make sure you are on the right Page to Manage (yours vs group, depends on scenario)
I always change from my personal account to the group page stream coming from
2. then pay attention to what is on screen. For me, I use Scheduled, so on the upper left is Upcoming Videos, I select that, that upper middle is spot to tell Facebook whether to directly access local camera or if using streaming software like OBS, to use a stream key. Copy key from FB to OBS . Check the other FB settings related to the stream and make sure appropriate .. for example, I always disable the default of end live video is stream is interrupted (so I have to manually end live stream, which is how I want it)

And you enter Facebook's stream key into OBS ... per the quick-start guide: