Facebook Live stopped working

aspears

Our church has been posting to Facebook for about 6 months without issue. Tonight when I click the Start Streaming button OBS starts the stream but the Facebook page is just stuck on "Waiting for live video". I double and triple checked the Stream Key and I'm confident that is not the problem (when it is OBS pops up an error message which doesn't happen now). Checking the logs, it appears OBS is using the URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ but facebook lists rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ as the URL. Since they are different I tried changing the OBS Streaming settings to use the Custom service with the rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ URL and the current Stream Key. Still no luck.

As far as I know, nothing changed on the the computer, has Facebook changed the URL or other configurations that conflict with OBS? I'm running Windows 10, OBS v26.0.0 64 bit and Chrome 85. Attached are a few log files but nothing jumped out at me that might point to the cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-09-30 19-06-12.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 31

aspears

I'm going to chalk this up to a bad internet connection. Even though it appeared as though the internet connection was fine, 30 minutes into our service I was able to stream no problem using the default Facebook stream settings in OBS.

Neight

This happened to me 6 times today as well. I was using 'ALT' to edit a Display capture and my 7 hour live stream crashed 6 times during that amount of time. In 2 year I have not happen once. I downloaded the new update this morning and it happened 6 times in 1 day.

qhobbes

1. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. Settings, Advanced, Network, check box for "Dynamically change bitrate..." [Apply] [OK]