Question / Help Facebook Live is not sending notification that I am live

dawnpgeo

Hello. I'm new to OBS but I have been cramming to get up to speed. I love it so far. I have done some testing doing live stream on Facebook and it is not sending the notification to my friends that I am live. This is the way most people know when I am live so this would greatly reduce my viewing audience. During my test I set my privacy to a specific person to see if the notification came through and it did not. They went to my Facebook and could see that I was live and was able to click and see the live stream. I did my test on my personal account. However, I will be doing most streams from my Facebook page instead, which I have not tested yet since it is public.

Does it work differently for Facebook pages than personal accounts? Or can I assume that going live from my Facebook page will not send the notification?

Anyone else having this issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help,
dawnpgeo

dawnpgeo

Thank you for the reply. I believe Facebook has been changing /updating a lot lately.

Do you think that Streamlabs OBS would have a different result?

FerretBomb

No, as again, this is an issue on Facebook's end. OBS has nothing to do with whether Facebook sends out notifications or not.

dawnpgeo

OK... makes sense.

It works fine from phone just not in OBS.

Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone else using OBS for Facebook Live?

Tiana

To fix your iPhone Facebook live is not sending notification problem, you could try out using professional iOS system recovery tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to get out of the trouble.

Lawrence_SoCal

OK... makes sense. It works fine from phone just not in OBS.
Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone else using OBS for Facebook Live?

Realize that Facebook has different rules/process around live streaming from a mobile device vs from a PC (has nothing to do with OBS, could be any streaming software). So, the place to look/research regarding Facebook notifications is Facebook. No streaming software, OBS included, will have anything to do with, or be able to influence, your issue with Facebook. Part of the issue may be
1. Facebook making lots of changes to streaming platform. I come across bugs/glitches all the time.
Yesterday, I noticed in /Live/Producer that comments were working (constantly updating) for the first time in a month
2. the platform is free and a bit overloaded... you get what you pay for...
Personally, I always schedule our live streams...

Good luck