Question / Help Ezcap 3 video capture

Yotography

New to OBS, bit of a technophobe but trying to digitise my 40 odd video8 and vhs tapes to my Mac. Downloaded OBS and bought Ezcap 3 video capture device. Connected all up with Sony handicap and downloaded software for Ezcap3. Trying to add Source on OBS, but the software only recognise FaceTime HD camera?? please help

Last edited:

Narcogen

I don't know, this is the first time I've ever heard of this hardware.

There are certain devices made by other manufacturers that claim to be both "compatible with MacOS" and "compatible with OBS" but neglect to say that they cannot be used with OBS while running on MacOS.

Usually this is hardware that is not UVC compliant and requires specific drivers that the manufacturer does not supply. In this case, the usual recourse is using whatever software was bundled with the device (if any).

It's possible that this should work, but doesn't because of some other problem, which is why I asked about the log.

Alan McFerrin

We use the EZCap device. It does work fine on Mac, it has it's own capture software that works and when I open Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder it also works just fine. FMLE isn't supported anymore which is why we went with OBS. However only the audio source is recognized in OBS, the video is not. We don't know why that is. Likewise we also have a Canopus/Green Valley ADVC110 that also works with Mac and FMLE but OBS only sees the video source.

We've tried Sound Flower and other virtual audio routing apps. We've tried other apps for video and had to just stick with video from one source and audio from the other. I'd love to get one or the other working 100%.

Narcogen

Suspect that the makers of EZCap are not supplying device drivers, meaning it is not usable with OBS.

Similar to the situation with certain Elgato devices-- it was advertised as "compatible with OBS" and "compatible with MacOS" without mentioning it was not compatible when using OBS on MacOS-- bundled software only.

I don't have access to one of these so I can't tell, and the ADVC110 is so old I would not expect it to work with newer versions of MacOS and OBS which did not even exist when that device was released.