extremely new to streaming. Need help setting up mic and other questions regarding set up on low end laptop

Prophit219

So I want to create a gaming stream for my family and I thought with a simple set up I'd be good to go. It's been 2 weeks and I think I've made things worst. SO I'm here to ask what I can and figure out what I did wrong and where I went wrong. Here's the log

My hardware
-Lenovo Thinkpad yoga 11e ( 5th gen/2019)

M3-7Y30
8gb of ram
250 SSD
webcam 720P 30 FPS
windows 10 64bit
1 aux out
2 usb 2.0
1 hdmi out
ethernet port
standard wi fi connection
-2 chinese video capture device HDMI to USB 2.0
1080p 30fps
720p 60 fps
-Sony action cam HDR-AS20
1080p 60fps
- generic clip on mic

So I've managed to get the scene set up with a web cam and streaming my game with the audio of the game coming through the speakers. My problem is as follows I don't know how to configure the mic and speakers. when I'm in Studio mode there's an echo and lots of feedback. I fiddled around in the settings of both WIndows and OBS and just can figure out anything.
-I'd like to be able to configure so I know the audio from the mic is being picked up without the annoying echo and feedback
-I'd like to be able to plug in the clip on mic into the aux and use that as the mic input while the audio comes out through the speakers
- I'd like to be able connect the Sony action cam via video capture and hook up the clip on mic to it and have that work as my web cam and mic at some occassion.

Sorry if this is basic I work overnight and I just don't have the wits and energy to sort through youtube vids and forums. I just want to stream my gaming as a way to spend time with family. Any help would be appreciated.

koala

If you have noise sources such as speakers in your room, you cannot use microphones more far away than a few cm from your mouth (about 5 cm). If a mic is more far away, it will always pick up speakers.

Webcams often come with their own mic. Make sure you mute any mic from your webcam. It might be it is a webcam mic that picks up the speakers.

tl;dr
If you use a mic, don't play anything through any speakers to avoid audio feedback. Use a headset or headphones. If you must use speakers, get a mic with a directional pickup pattern so you pick up less noise from the speakers.

Prophit219

If you have noise sources such as speakers in your room, you cannot use microphones more far away than a few cm from your mouth (about 5 cm). If a mic is more far away, it will always pick up speakers.

Webcams often come with their own mic. Make sure you mute any mic from your webcam. It might be it is a webcam mic that picks up the speakers.

tl;dr
If you use a mic, don't play anything through any speakers to avoid audio feedback. Use a headset or headphones. If you must use speakers, get a mic with a directional pickup pattern so you pick up less noise from the speakers.

Everything is coming from the laptop.So I can't use the speakers and record the mic at the same time?That would put a dent in my plans. I'm gonna pick up a usb to aux adapter and try to use the separate mic. If that doesn't work I'll get a cheap usb Mic. I'm not looking to be a pro streaming just something for the family to be able to clearly hear me. I was hoping to find a solution that just mutes the mic from the speakers and allows me to still record my voice . I saw in OBS there's a option to "monitor only (mute output)" in advanced audio properties but even when I turned that on I got horrible feed back and echo.