Question / Help Extremecap U3 Issue

Jademalo

This is an issue with all versions of OBS, but the new Multiplatform version doesn't work with my old workaround. I think it's actually a capture card issue though, since VirtualDub has this same issue. I figured someone here might have an idea of how to solve it.

Essentially, when the input resolution into the Extremecap changes, the default resolution that it sets itsself to is always wrong.

It seems to set itsself to 400x600 or something, which makes the image garbage. I can manually set it to 1080p etc, but then if a different input resolution is used the image goes back to being garbage.

This is extremely annoying since it means I have to have two inputs for the same device for the two different resolutions, and it means I have to restart the stream entirely to get them to work.
The older version of OBS would reload the device if you changed scene so I could have a 1080p input scene and a 720p input scene, but the new Multiplatform one doesn't seem to do that. I've tried making two inputs that are the extremecap, one 1080p and one 720p, then deactivating both and activating the one I need, but I seem to just get a black screen most of the time until I restart OBS.

Has anyone else had this bug with the Extremecap? Essentially it seems to not be indicating the input resolution to software, so it has to be set manually, and this is throwing OBS off on a resolution change.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I might have to actually get one to know. Terribly sorry about the issue. Probably a driver issue partly though it sounds like, because virtualdub has a pretty good directshow implementation.

Jademalo

Alright, thanks for the reply!
Shall I send a message off to Avermedia as well? It doesn't seem like too difficult a thing to fix, and once that's sorted I haven't had any issue with the image from the card.