Exchange OBS from one Mac to another

Koen Willems

I want to copy all OBS settings, scenes and sources from my mac to a colleague's mac soon. What's the most convenient way to do that?
We will work together oin the future so we have to find a decent way to exchange files.

kpsoundsup

I'm managing a team of streamers using OBS. I'm having people use scene collections and profiles to save everything and using an agreed-upon file structure for saving any images, audio, or videos that they're using.

The thing I still need to figure out is how to automatically re-link the sources with their files when everything is migrated onto the new computer. It seems OBS is still searching for the image/audio/video on the old computer. So when a project gets migrated the receiving OBS engineer has to manually re-link all of the sources to their files.

Would be great if someone knows a work around to this...

dgatwood

Don't quote me on this, but I think that media sources just use an absolute filesystem path, so if everybody adds a symlink to the shared work directory from a known path at the root level of their filesystems and always add them relative to that location, it will probably just work.

kpsoundsup

One semi-work around I have found is to alter the text of the .json file of the scene collection. use cmd (or cntrl) F to find the name of the old computer, and replace it with the current one. it's not super fast but it beats re-linking every individual source one at a time