Everything I find online about the issues I have with obs, is fixed by settings that are simply not here anymore. Everything is always from years ago.

iGoinsane

I am also getting no help here. I mean might as well be a trash man with as much garbage as Im dealing with for this. Gotta change settings for every single game. Got Iron harvest recording good, then planet zoo looks like its ran on a sega system in the recordings. framerate is shot, I run an nvidia 2060 super, i7-8700 @3.2GHz. 16 GB ram. Is there some other form of obs that everyone speaks so highly about that im just missing? I have adjusted the framerates from 20 to 30 to 10 to 60, changed the resolution in game and in output, also in video settings on obs (since you know... theres 2 different output resolution settings...) im about to change the bitrate cuz i read forum that, that and setting the buffer to 0 (buffer is not a thing in settings anymore under recording...) fixed this guys pixels... this is just ridiculous. Spend a year trying to produce one fricken video.

koala

The answer is the same as from years ago:
- limit the fps within the game you intend to record to the fps OBS uses. Don't let the game run unlimited
- don't use fps higher than 60, in game as well as OBS
- make sure you don't have any other background recording running
- if you have a nvidia GPU, use nvenc (new) as encoder
- use simple output mode with the "indistinguishable quality" setting for recording

The only thing new since OBS 25 is:
- run OBS as admin if you have performance issues, because it enables OBS to activate some GPU scheduling that may help getting GPU priority

Because it's always the same, people stopped answering this issue. It has been answered a thousand times.

iGoinsane

The answer is the same as from years ago:
- limit the fps within the game you intend to record to the fps OBS uses. Don't let the game run unlimited
- don't use fps higher than 60, in game as well as OBS
- make sure you don't have any other background recording running
- if you have a nvidia GPU, use nvenc (new) as encoder
- use simple output mode with the "indistinguishable quality" setting for recording

The only thing new since OBS 25 is:
- run OBS as admin if you have performance issues, because it enables OBS to activate some GPU scheduling that may help getting GPU priority

Because it's always the same, people stopped answering this issue. It has been answered a thousand times.

I dont run higher than 60 fps. I play on a 4k tv, that only goes to 60. I have said I changed framerate all around. at 30 it runs a little better. My screen in game looks 100% different, as in the coloring. I have been sitting on stopping recording for a good 10 minutes now. So how do i run this in admin mode? I dont even know what admin mode is... I also use the nvenc encoder. So thousand timed answered question... still is not answered. And doing this all on simple like that, it is again, unwatchable. resolution is all messed up, the color is even worse. its super dark. So come at me again with a rude answer please. maybe next one will do it right?

iGoinsane

I dont run higher than 60 fps. I play on a 4k tv, that only goes to 60. I have said I changed framerate all around. at 30 it runs a little better. My screen in game looks 100% different, as in the coloring. I have been sitting on stopping recording for a good 10 minutes now. So how do i run this in admin mode? I dont even know what admin mode is... I also use the nvenc encoder. So thousand timed answered question... still is not answered. And doing this all on simple like that, it is again, unwatchable. resolution is all messed up, the color is even worse. its super dark. So come at me again with a rude answer please. maybe next one will do it right?
On top of this, ive never had that "Encoding overloaded!" All my programs run fine with obs open and recording, even was able to record iron harvest with forgetting to close another game I was playing.

koala

I really don't want to sound rude, but please do some research yourself. Running an app as admin is basic Windows knowledge, not specific OBS knowledge. Do "run obs as admin" as Google search and follow the first link.
You also didn't follow the second sticky thread in this forum. The log is essential information for troubleshooting.
If you're just searching for someone who tells what exactly to click and where, you might perhaps go to to the Discord support channel.

iGoinsane

I really don't want to sound rude, but please do some research yourself. Running an app as admin is basic Windows knowledge, not specific OBS knowledge. Do "run obs as admin" as Google search and follow the first link.
You also didn't follow the second sticky thread in this forum. The log is essential information for troubleshooting.
If you're just searching for someone who tells what exactly to click and where, you might perhaps go to to the Discord support channel.
Well thanks anyways, because, as I have said... I have done my research. i have watched videos. Nothing is fixing the problem. running it as admin was the newest thing i heard, and that didnt fix it either. Obviously, it is more than just this problem too. My fix is to say F recording planet zoo, bc obs just cant do it. Unfortunately, switched and ran it in simple like you suggested. (Idk why it worked fine on all other games) Recorded call of duty through my elgato capture card just fine. But now it didnt make my voice's separate audio track. Of which it was just doing fine yesterday. Now i gotta troubleshoot that problem as well. All i do is research for this F@$%ing software and I get no where... i guess ill have to get discord for some help. thought their actual forums could.

Alot of issues I find on my own. Like you cannot use simple. If you wish to be able to edit your voice separately from the video. Got our first 2 wins on call of duty warzone, and my voice is just not there. Bc It was in simple.... wish i checked all of that again.... FFS!

Last edited:

iGoinsane

Well thanks for just telling me I need to research and, dont know basic computer shit. Because I am new to all of this including the computer, done my research as I said its all old, and I ended up here. And thanks for just making worse. some fucking forums here... lol what a joke

Last edited:

iGoinsane

Get an attitude when I try to ask for help and someones gotta stick up their arse. Yeah. Thanks for your help too. vet...

Anyone who has this issue and is reading to find help... I got it. You obviously wont find it here. These people are rude and entitled. Switch your rate control to CQP and CQ level to 16. Resolution issues are fixed, and im recording at 60 fps again, and not in admin mode. Dont waste your time in this forum. find a different one or go to the discord server for obs. The people there are much friendlier and will listen to your issues and help find the solution. Ive even helped a couple people there with my basic knowledge. Much better than these people. Understand I was already frustrated from researching the problem for days. And their help was to do research... lmao a joke.