Every game/program crashing when OBS Studio is opening

TruBros

When attempting to game or display capture in OBS Studio, all programs on my computer crash. I've recently attempted to run the following games:

-The Division 2
-Halo: Master Chief Collection
-Destiny 2

And while I can play games for hours with Chrome open, when OBS is actively streaming using either game or display capture all programs crash within a few minutes. I have ensured all video card drivers are up to date so I suspect the issue lies with a specific OBS setting, however I'd like assistance in pinpointing the source of the issue as the games/Chrome can run without issue. I've attached a log and crash report for today. Am new to pulling this information as well, so if any other files are needed I can pull them.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Attachments

• Crash 2020-07-26 17-54-39.txt
    111.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020-07-26 18-09-39.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
First make sure you're running OBS as admin, thats big one. Secondly what resolution are you trying to stream at? The video capture shows 2 different resolutions and fps. Make sure it all matches up, the elgato software and obs. But i also noticed you dont have the "obs_browser" plugin with I think its your BRB screen? That can easily be fixed with a reinstall of the latest version.

TruBros

Hey @sarahbitethis I appreciate the suggestions. I'm only crashing when running a PC game and attempting to capture, not when using the Elgato source at all. Today I re-installed the latest version of OBS per your suggestion and ran as an Admin as well. As soon as I began streaming on youtube both OBS and the game crashed. Note I was using The Division 2 scene and am only running into the issue when streaming a PC game and not using the elgato device.. I've attached the most recent log/crash from today-any additional suggestions you can provide would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-07-26 20-40-22.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Crash 2020-07-26 17-52-04.txt
    97.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

TruBros

I see the crash report notes a specific thread crashed and I'm receiving an "out of memory" error in the logs once the stream begins, so I'd suspect it's a compatibility/plugin issue but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯