Encoding?

My OBS says something like encoding too fast or something and I have tried lowering framerate and I don't know what I'm doing. I looked at the one from dodgepong and I don't know how to exit simple mode or where the whole fast superfast encode speed thing is? I have no clue how to fix it. When I record my video stutters a bunch and it is also very pixelated. (but I am playing Minecraft so the pixelated isn't too bad) Please help! https://obsproject.com/logs/AgSpFsquGiIoJEGJ Also there is the log.

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
4. Use the Quick Sync (QSV) encoder instead of x264
5. Post a new log or use log analyzer after making those changes.

carlmmii

You're running into quite a bit of rendering lag now, which in your case is the result of your iGPU not being able to keep up with what is being asked for compositing your scene.

You have 3 display capture sources -- why? If you need to grab different parts of the same screen, then you can include the same source, then crop it down to the needed area (hold alt and drag the bounding box). This prevents having to run a separate capture process to grab the same image, and is much more efficient.

Well, I figured out my problem. it is a CPU usage conflict so no matter what I do the FPS will be low and stuttery and I am working on buying a new setup anyway so no further comment is required for me, thank you for trying to help :| When I prioritize Minecraft, I don't have enough CPU for OBS and if I prioritize OBS I don't have enough CPU to run MC.