Bug Report Encodig Profiles Broken in 0.15.x - always Baseline

Hi.

Maybe it's just a wrong meta-information, but it seems profile setting is broken in 0.15

also, nvenc always turns to 'main'

please see the logs

Attachments

• Capture-2016-07-10 18-17-55.mp4.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2016-07-10 18-17-53.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 23

Suslik V

Look, profile restrictions is a sets of encoding options. Nothing more. MP4 container's info is only for some hw players to recognize media. Actual info about stream's content is inside every atom of media stream (file). Most players ignores MP4 conteiner's info. This info inaccurate for AAC as well (try Studio in Mono mode).

If you try to play video by the hw player that can't handle 'High' profile then it fail. Your log says 'High' profile - find old device where only 'base' implemented and try to blayback your recordings.

here are logs for nvenc

Attachments

• 2016-07-10 18-30-48.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture-2016-07-10 18-34-30.mp4.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 13

Suslik V

media info is not wrong, I think. It simply shows container's info. And in case of MP4 - real data can differ from actual stream. More over, when you are streaming each new user that connected to your show in the middle of the stream must receive new header that contains codec type, resolution, channels etc info (each portion of stream has it). That why standard relaxes is not big deal. For some setups (Skype for example) your encoder must switch from high resolution (framerate, bitrate) to lower if bandwidth shortens while you are transmitting video (and wise versa) to maintain max quality during call.

Suggestion as Harold likes: use MKV instead.

...and I just recorded file with v0.15.1: MediaInfo 0.7.85 says High@3.1 for all mp4, mkv, flv, x264 encoder. And I don't see any problem for now.
Maybe you need to create new Profile and Scene Collection to make clear test?

Attachments

• Example.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 23

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The profile is being correctly set. If there's anything strange it's in the file container, but the metadata for the container is generated by FFmpeg, and it's using the latest version of FFmpeg so it's possible they modified something with it, but the encoding profile is being correctly set to what you set it to. We do not use FFmpeg to encode, only to mux.

I'll make a test with a clean profile and will report back then.

thanks

i would use mkv, but for the recordings, adobe can't handle mkv (and wont in the future because it's not an "industry standard" as they say)
i could record mkv and remux to mp4 maybe.

deleting the profiles and creating new (even deleting obs-studio folder in %appdata%)
and even uninstalling obs studio and clean reinstalling 0.15.1 and still nvenc writes main instead of high

well im just going to ignore it.