Question / Help Encoder Overload + CS:GO Stream, i5-7600

Rog

Hy,

need help for streaming on Twitch. I always get a Encoder Overload on OBS Studio. If i set it to High priority, it works, but the stream and game is laggy/stuttering. Nvenc works fine though, but looks ugly. I should get a decent quality with this setup..

Setup:
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Intel i5-7600 Kaby Lake @4.1Ghz
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz
  • Zotac GTX 970
  • Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• Internet: Down 75Mbit / Up: 7,5Mbit

Settings:

x264, CBR, Bitrate 2600, Buffersize 2800, Keyframe 2, CPU Load tried from superfast to fast (still overload), Profile high or main, Res: 1920x1080 downscaled to 720@50fps Bicubic

Processor Priority:
  • Normal: always overload
  • Above Normal: works mostly but stuttering/fps drops ingame
  • High: Works but stuttering/fps drops ingame
any ideas please?

Thanks!

Harold

You should be using 30fps and not 50
And you should NEVER use custom buffer sizes in your streaming settings.

Rog

You should be using 30fps and not 50
And you should NEVER use custom buffer sizes in your streaming settings.
Thanks for the answer.

shouldnt i be able to stream in 50fps? Its more comfortable for games like csgo.
Whats wrong with the buffersize? the stream is not constantly buffering or something at my side.

Rog

50fps uses 66% more cpu and between 30 and 66% more bitrate for NO benefit to the viewers.

Using a custom buffer size in your settings will either cap your streams bitrate below your actual target or cause MAJOR swings in the video bitrate, both of which are bad for streaming.

https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...oads-constantly-for-my-viewers-but-why.18465/

And post your obs log.
Never had buffer problems with these settings, even twitch inspector says its stable, tried for about 1 hour.
I'll post later when i'm home