Question / Help Enabling Projector blacks out main screen

VRBC

We're using OBS to stream live video content and I'd like to be able to send the output (in full screen) to a secondary projector. I'm able to do this by right clicking in the preview window and selecting Fullscreen Projector and selecting the appropriate display. However, as soon as I do this, my main display goes black and I can't see OBS or my desktop. The same thing happens if I use the "Windowed Projector" mode, drag it to the secondary monitor, and maximize it (full screen). Any ideas?

paarlie

I have similar problem, with Mojave: when I activate projector to secondary monitor plugged to hdmi out, the program is correctly showed, but the lcd, where I expect to see the controls, become black.
I noticed also that, in the secondary screen, behind the window where the program is in full screen appears the menú of the operative system, that normally is visualized ind the primary screen...
This is a pretty nice bug.
I hope they can fix it soon...

GBCU

Figured it out. System Preferences... > Mission Control. Make sure "Displays have separate spaces" is checked, then log out and back in. Unfortunately, I had unchecked that so that the menu bar wouldn't appear at the top when not in full screen mode, but it seems like I can't have it all.

TFE

THANKS Mr GBCU! Had the same problem after upgrading to OBS 26 on an older iMac running High Sierra. Your 10 Jun post solved this for me, too. Thanks again!