Enable Network Optimizations Option

Visionari

Hello,

I am not quite sure what the "Enable Network Optimizations" option under "Advanced -> Network" does in terms of quality. I have a very advanced network at home and can utilize full bandwidth without optimizations, but I want to make sure I am not leaving any quality on the table in my streams. I want to squeeze every ounce of quality out of my stream within the bandwidth limitations of the streaming platforms.

Is this an option I should leave unchecked?

I am used to seeing Use New Networking code and Low Latency as the options, they have since changed in the recent updates.

Capturec.PNG

Thank you.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
It doesn't do anything in terms of quality, it just switches to an alternative API for sending packets. This API enables the "Enable TCP Pacing" option which tries to spread big data spikes from keyframes over time to avoid saturating low upload.

Tangential

I was experimenting with this last week and I could not do an FB stream (on a Win10 box with 12Mbps upstream) with this enabled. It would start briefly but then immediately switch to 'reconnecting' in stats. Once I disabled this option the stream started fine.

migzonbass

I was experimenting with this last week and I could not do an FB stream (on a Win10 box with 12Mbps upstream) with this enabled. It would start briefly but then immediately switch to 'reconnecting' in stats. Once I disabled this option the stream started fine.

So do you enable anything of the three options on Advanced > Network?

I am having the same problems on FB stream, I get random disconnections and reconnecting despite having a wired connection and stable internet

Tangential

So do you enable anything of the three options on Advanced > Network?

I am having the same problems on FB stream, I get random disconnections and reconnecting despite having a wired connection and stable internet
I don't have any of them enabled.