Question / Help Elgato to OBS Window Capture Lag

Kearstin

Hey all,
The bit rate in my window capture in OBS from the Elgato HD lags a ton in comparison to everything else. Whether I've got it set at 30fps or 60fps, or if I'm in 720 or 1080. My facecam and Yeti are real time and crystal clear, but the Elgato is seconds delayed and choppy verse what I see on my TV.

I have everything updated in OBS and Elgato to most recent versions.
Internet is 89down 11up.
I'm sporting 2013 iMac, OS X El Capitan, Core i5, 8G ram.

Example of the gameplay + audio lag vs my entire stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdYlvx25A5o
(I have since adjusted my Yeti's settings where my audio input is much nicer)

Without help being met by just purchasing the newer Elgato HD60, are there settings I can do to still broadcast in HD with the game actually being on par and in HD? I'm aware of my cam delay settings I can do, but the game itself isn't coming thru in the window capture, or even in Elgato's program itself, as HD as it is.

It's pretty frustrating how flawless everything can be until I insert the Elgato.
It's especially frustrating when I'm in party chat and they're delayed vs me because they're technically game audio.
Help!!

\m/
Kearstin

Harold

Going to the HD60 or HD60 Pro won't help because they don't provide good drivers for the device on mac.

You're going to need to switch to a capture card that does offer good drivers on mac.

Kearstin

Going to the HD60 or HD60 Pro won't help because they don't provide good drivers for the device on mac.
You're going to need to switch to a capture card that does offer good drivers on mac.
Do you have any recommendations to a better capture?
It just seems Elgato is used the most for Mac :(

Harold

The Blackmagic Intensity and Decklink lines will perform FAR FAR FAR better than the elgato cards will. They even have their own capture type in OBS.

"Used the most" is a far cry from "Best" in this case.

Kearstin

The Blackmagic Intensity and Decklink lines will perform FAR FAR FAR better than the elgato cards will. They even have their own capture type in OBS.
"Used the most" is a far cry from "Best" in this case.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm learning that with this situation :)
I've definitely heard of the Intensity. I'll have to check it out.

I haven't had issues with Elgato's every other feature, it's just when it comes to actual streaming thru OBS.
If I didn't have to window capture the Elgato in the first place, this would be much easier haha

Thanks, man.

Harold

If I didn't have to window capture the Elgato in the first place, this would be much easier haha
Still not without its problems. The elgatos give a disproportionate number of problems compared to other cards on the windows side.

Kearstin

Still not without its problems. The elgatos give a disproportionate number of problems compared to other cards on the windows side.
I think my biggest lean for the Intensity is the Thunderbolt. That helps a TON.

You know of any temp solutions in the mean time using Elgato?
Or just suffer thru the lag/delay/bit rate if I'm going to bother thru OBS...