Question / Help Elgato + OBS/MacBook inop

Devil_Hound

I’m using the Elgato HD 60 S and I can’t get it to show up on obs? I’ve tried the syphon inject and it shows the elgato but when I select it, it doesn’t come up or even show it after that? I’m on the newest version on my MacBook Pro

Narcogen

You can't use the HD60S with OBS on MacOS; Elgato does not provide drivers. You can use their software, use OBS to window capture their software, boot your MBP into Windows and use OBS with the Elgato there (they provide a Windows driver) or return the HD60S and exchange it for a CamLink (if you must have Elgato) as it (apparently) has or does not require a MacOS driver, or get a similar capture device from BlackMagic or Magewell instead, as they provide MacOS drivers.

This has always been a problem as Elgato promotes that device as "compatible with MacOS" (which it is, but only with their software) and "compatible with OBS" (which it is, but not on MacOS). There have been a few dozen threads here on this forum about this particular issue, and none of the people I know who use OBS on MacOS suggest people buy from Elgato.