Elgato Key Light Air Issue

Sakaii

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to OBS Studio but I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem.

I recently purchased a Key Light Air and tried to test it out today. When you plug it in and turn it on the light works perfectly fine but to customize the brightness you have to download software and connect the light to wifi. I downloaded the software and attempted to connect the light to my wifi but the light will not connect.

I have a Google Nest Mesh Wifi system at my house. I believe it can support the light but the light only works across the 2.4 ghz band. The google wifi is set up so that devices choose what band to use whether it be 5 ghz or 2.4 ghz. I'm not sure if the wifi is causing the issue by not letting the light connect through a 2.4 ghz band. You have to connect it to wifi using a device that has wifi enabled.

I spoke with support from both google and elgato, both gave me conflicting opinions. Google support seemed to think that the issue was with the elgato and not the wifi. They were the ones that told me that if it requires 2.4 ghz it should be on it no matter what. Elgato support told me the opposite and said that the issue was with the wifi. They said that something was probably blocking the light from joining the network such as a firewall or just not using the right band.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and thought I should turn to fellow content creators and streamers. I'm at the point where I am debating just returning the light and possibly getting a cheaper alternative because $140 seems like a lot for a light. I'd appreciate any help you can offer and thank you for your time.