Question / Help Elgato HD60 + Syphon Inject

baum2k

Hey Guys,

I know that the Game Capture HD60 is not supportet in OBS by Elgato. But in OBS we have the feature "Window Capture". So I could grab the Elgato-Software-Screen to put this in my Stream. But then the capture of this window is very "laggy". So it's not fluend.

Then I read that Syphon Inject was added. But when I inject Syphon to the Elgato Game Capture HD60 Software, I can't choose it from the drop down after injecting.

Are there any Issues with that? Or is that also not supported by Elgato? I hope you understand, what I mean :)

Chris

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Have you tried Display capture instead of Window capture? Window capture tends to have poor performance on Mac.

Unfortunately the Elgato software isn't OpenGL so it can't be injected. Apparently EyeTV worked, but I heard it stopped supporting Elgato Game Capture devices. I could be wrong.

baum2k

Hi dodgepong,

thanks for your reply. Yeah but Window-Capture ist hard to use with only one Monitor :(

Because he captures everything. Maybe its possible with a second monitor I don't know.

kaylaaa

Make the Elgato window very small, add a Display Capture source, choose "To Window", then choose Game Capture HD60, add a filter, crop the Elgato window, and then just make sure nothing gets in the way of the Elgato source.

bifuteki

Cant get Syphon inject to work as you need the capture card to work with EyeTV. El Gato already stated it does not work.

baum2k

Make the Elgato window very small, add a Display Capture source, choose "To Window", then choose Game Capture HD60, add a filter, crop the Elgato window, and then just make sure nothing gets in the way of the Elgato source.

You are a freaking GENIUS!!! Thanks for your hint man!! It works wonderful!! :D

No I can stream with OBS. Now I am so cool like the other streamers are :D