Elgato HD60 S stopped outputting audio

Chimerat

It was working fine a few days ago, but now that I've sat down to record again it's no longer doing DirectSound or WaveOut.

Monitor is set to my headset, as it always way.
Tested to see if I could monitor my microphone, and that worked without issue.

Log was uploaded by OBS to here: https://obsproject.com/logs/WnhdA3Vi3ee68RR2

Sukiyucky

If you recently updated Windows 10, its best to reboot Windows. Then, run OBS and remove USB type of sources from your scenes and add them back into your scenes again. The first things to go bad for me on updates are USB devices like webcam and audio interfaces - always happens.

Chimerat

If you recently updated Windows 10, its best to reboot Windows. Then, run OBS and remove USB type of sources from your scenes and add them back into your scenes again. The first things to go bad for me on updates are USB devices like webcam and audio interfaces - always happens.
I was started to suspect that Windows 10 update...

Thank you, I'll try removing the Elgato completely from OBS and see if that works.

EDIT: Unfortunately not.
I've uploaded a new log, in case anything of interest changed: https://obsproject.com/logs/kWtkx0xSWqKgUVfH

Last edited:

Sukiyucky

But there is a difference. Compare the two logs.

The first log showed these problems:

06:13:03.435: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.0.00000000}.{f67bd745-95db-4717-a080-9ee21e96cdbf}' not found. Waiting for device

06:13:04.056: HD Camera: data.GetDevice failed
06:13:04.056: HD Camera: Video configuration failed
06:13:04.481: old camera: data.GetDevice failed
06:13:04.481: old camera: Video configuration failed

The second log doesn't show these issues. Which means it was likely Windows update that screwed things up by walking over your existing system configuration.

At this point, it would be best to uninstall Elgato and reinstall again as you didn' t mention that you did this. If the problem persists, call up Elgato Tech Support.

Chimerat

Elgato is not installed, it is plugged in.

The drivers were uninstalled with the rest, which I had mentioned.

No issues with the cameras past the fact that they were not plugged in since Elgato was what I was troubleshooting and not all Elgato scenes in OBS use the camera.