Question / Help Elgato HD60 Not Showing in OBS Video Capture Device

Harold

One of three options
1> Display capture with the elgato in fullscreen
2> Window capture
3> Bootcamp windows.

Alain Molimard

Come on Elgato, do something about this... How hard is it to make show as a device! Rr make sure your Game Capture software has the same feature as OBS.

:-(

Narcogen

Don't hold your breath for it. Pretty sure Elgato is just assembling devices from available parts or possibly even rebranding available devices. If they choose a connection that already has native video device support under MacOS, then it works. If it doesn't, it probably won't ever get it-- this has been the situation with them for years.

Apparently their new USB dongle, the Cam Stick, has native video support under MacOS, despite people asking for it on the HD60 for years without any adequate response. I really, really doubt Elgato is writing any of their own device drivers.

I have had a series of emails with their support over getting my elgato device to work with obs .. they blame Apple for making it too difficult. . They obviously have no interest is helping Mac users use their devices with OBS

Narcogen

No, they don't, which is why I'm not interested in their new devices even if they work without their custom software.

For a long time now they've advertised the HD60 as "compatible with MacOS" and "compatible with OBS" without noting it's not compatible with OBS on MacOS (or, indeed, anything other than their own software).

So the Mac market is too small for them to be interested in making sure the devices they sell work well on the OS, but large enough to bother printing some misleading text on the box. No thanks.

@terk you didn't mention what you are trying to send to OBS via the Elgato... is it a mobile/tablet device? If it is, then just use an Airplay option. I use X-mirage and it works great.