Question / Help Elgato HD60 latest update

prophetZer0

I love the new elgato beta drivers...alot to use, but now i have lost the ability to use the Elgato HD60 with OBS Studio or Standalone. Im not quite sure what happened but i usually have my HD60 connected to my second PC/Laptop to stream from it; Laptop Specs....i7 3930Q with 24GB DDR3 1600 and NVIDIA 670mx. Have been using it to stream for a while now but since i updated my software all i get is a black screen in OBS. Fun fact...inside OBS and Elgato Game Capture software it shows up as a black screen on the Laptop...but on my desktop it works fine in the Game Capture software but still a black screen in OBS, both versions. I did try reverting back to the last Certified driver from and still no luck, any help would be awesome.

Edit 1: Reverted back to OBS MP 12.3 and i can see my video again on both my Desktop and Laptop. Still testing but I think it has something to do with OBS Studio, a little more work on it and im sure it will be fine though. I will check back later with more information hopefully.

Edit 2: So reverting all my capture software back seems to have solved my problems. I went back to OBS MP 12.3 and my Elgato 3.00 driver/software and all is well again. Understand that the Elgato 3.10 is BETA so there seems to be issues with it (obviously, its a beta). I tried reverting just the OBS to MP and keep the Elgato 3.10 but had no luck and vice versa...reverting the Elgato to 3.00 and keeping OBS Studio still had no luck either. It seems that there are incompatibilities on both sides here. Will keep playing with it but agian, reverting both programs back fixed the black screen for me.

Edit 3: So i have more information to report.....i can now replicate the black screen. When i go into my NVIDIA control panel and configure the settings to always use the NVIDIA graphics card, inside of Game Capture under the Game Capture HD Preferences, Advanced settings the only options i have are the NVIDIA options and this is what causes the Black Screen. In the Nvidia Control Panel when i set it to Auto-Select, inside Game Capture i only have the options of Intel built-in graphics which then works no problems. Even disabling stream command with use of the Nvidia graphics it does not work, which seems to point that the Decoder doesnt like something going on with the latest Nvidia driver for my Graphics Card the 670MX. Heres something funny too, while using the preferred setting of my discrete GPU in the Nvidia Control Panel OBS still displays the picture where as before niether program worked. Not sure why OBS would work and not Game Capture. Im pretty sure a few Nvidia Drivers ago i had no problem using the Nvidia GPU but i might do some testing with some older drivers. So in short, I need to use the Intel Quicksync for the Encoder Option.

Attachments

• 2016-02-15-0129-13.log
    13.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

pdubkmk

I am also experiencing this issue running Elgato 3.10 and OBS classic. Turns out reverting back to Elgato 3.0 fixes the issue for me.