Question / Help Elgato HD is just a black screen

SuddenlyOranges

Hi!

I've been OBS for a few weeks with my elgato HD (connected to an xbox one), but recently it decided to just stop working. I can't remember if there's anything I did that messed it up. Here's my log.
Quick rundown:
  • I am using the 32 bit version of OBS studio.
  • The elgato is picking up perfectly find in the regular elgato software, I always make sure it's closed when using OBS.
  • Disconnecting/reconnecting the elgato doesn't work.
  • the "configure video" button doesn't work, which brought up some elgato settings.
  • I've reinstalled twice, and even tried the regular OBS software (which wouldn't pick up the elgato at all).
Here's a screenshot of what the it looks like, if that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.
(I really don't want to have to dump more money into an elgato HD 60, if that turns out to be the solution)

Thank you!

Edit: took out an unecessary sentence

Yasaka

i have similar problems since the last update. obs have for a long time a blackscreen and then elgato shows me "one moment please" forever. my solution for this problem is, first start elgato software and make sure you see your input in the software. then close it and open obs, setup elgato like 720p and 60fps. now it should work. if it doenst work, close obs, go to the task manager, kill the elgato software and replay it. so this is the solution that works for me. i hope elgato fix this in the next update.

SuddenlyOranges

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I just recently uninstalled all of my elgato software/drivers as well as OBS, but the elgato still doesn't show up period. Works perfectly fine in the native elgato software though.

No idea what to do.

fbc

Have been using Elgato with OBS Studio for last several weeks and doing live streaming with no problems. Suggest total uninstall of both Elgato and OBS. Then reinstall Elgato and make sure it works by itself before installing OBS studio.

Harold

Have you removed and re-added the elgato video capture device source from ALL scenes in that collection? (Remove them all first, then add them back)

MackSaucee

I figured out my problem. Thing was I had the elgato game capture device installed into a different hard drive instead of the one OBS was installed on. Changed the location of the install and OBS had the elgato in the drop down box again